How Does Dynamic Number Insertion (DNI) Work?
When they call, SourceTrak captures complete attribution data on the call and caller and makes it available for marketers to view in DialogTech reports. SourceTrak can also pass all the data to your other marketing platforms to improve their value.
What Data and Insights Does SourceTrack’s DNI Provide Marketers?
DialogTech’s SourceTrak captures a wealth of data from website visitors and phone conversations that helps marketers prove and improve conversion rates, customer acquisition, and ROI, including:
- Marketing source that drove the website visit: Capture the complete marketing source that drove each caller’s website visit, including the channel, ad variation and placement, ad group and keyword search, email, and more.
- The caller’s path through your website: See each caller’s history with your website, including the entry page, all the content they viewed on your site (and for how long), the page they eventually called from, and their interaction with your site after the call.
- Caller data: Capture who the caller is, their phone number, their geographic location, the day and time of the call, their browser and OS, and more.
- What happened on the call: Get intelligence where each call was sent, if it was answered, how long the call lasted, and what was said in the conversation.
- The value of the call: Know if the call was a “good” sales call based on your business’s definition of a quality lead. See if callers from each marketing interaction resulted in appointments, sales opportunities, and revenue.
Why Is SourceTrak the Most Popular DNI Solution for Big Brands?
Ultimately it boils down to scale: DialogTech is the only call attribution platform that can scale to not only capture all the data a big brand requires – but do it affordably. SourceTrak DNI technology has capabilities no one else does, including:
- Full attribution for every phone number: SourceTrak is the only DNI solution to provide complete call attribution data for every call to every phone number displayed on a website. This includes “Find a Dealer” and “Find an Agent” webpages that can display dozens of numbers on a single page, both in listings and in maps.
- Accurate multi-touch attribution: If a website visitor comes from one digital source (such as a display ad) but does not call, then returns to the site directly a few days later and places a call, only SourceTrak recognizes the visitor is the same person and attributes the original display ad source information to that call.
- Most data from the fewest numbers: DNI relies on pools of phone numbers to attribute calls from digital marketing. The bigger the pool, the more expensive the service. SourceTrak actively monitors each website session for inactivity and quickly returns phone numbers of inactive sessions to your pool for reuse. This enables big brands with millions of visitors to capture complete attribution cost-effectively.
- No negative impact on SEO: SourceTrak was specifically engineered to never violate Google’s NAP (name, address, phone number) consistency requirements. There is no negative impact on a website’s organic search rankings from implementing SourceTrak.
“DialogTech’s SourceTrak is outstanding. It helps us understand exactly how our marketing is driving calls to each location, so we can optimize our digital efforts.”
– Comfort Keepers