It’s the year of omni-channel marketing for agencies. More and more agency clients are seeking assistance in crafting personalized and seamless customer journey experiences across all channels and devices. In fact, 75% saying they will focus on improving personalization throughout the customer journey.
This type of request is no easy feat for the majority of agencies because they manage their advertising and marketing technology in silos. This gap creates limitations that make closing it a challenge:
- They lack the talent to manage adtech and martech.
- They struggle to prove ROI from adtech and martech tools.
- They’re unsure how to make delivering a high level of personalization scalable.
Agencies must create a well-oiled machine where all key resources work seamlessly together. It’s the only way they can glean the insights into their clients’ campaigns they need to aid in developing personalized and seamless omni-channel experiences. The above concerns are important to recognize, but it’s also important to recognize how there is one critical piece of technology that will significantly ease the struggles agencies face: call attribution technology. And here’s how:
Overcoming the Struggle With Attributing Calls
To get an accurate evaluation of ROI, agencies must not ignore the reality that call conversions matter to their clients. Digital marketing is driving billions of calls to US business. And this number will continue to grow as more and more consumers adopt smartphones.
Calls are just as important as clicks. And with call attribution technology it brings agencies one step closer to providing a true representation of their value and marketing ROI to clients.
Why Agencies Focus on Key Industries for Phone Calls
Another concern preventing agencies from mastering the omni-channel customer journey is making personalization of that journey scalable. To alleviate this concern, a certain percentage of agencies will focus on the sectors that offer the most opportunities.
- 65% of agencies will focus on retail
- 44% of agencies will focus on financial services and travel
- 37% of agencies will focus on automotive
- 30% of agencies will focus on telecom
- 15% of agencies will focus on consumer and packaged goods
Now, call attribution becomes extra relevant. How?
Conversation is a fundamental part of the customer journey for the majority of these industries. They offer products and services that are either complex, expensive, or a considered purchase, and which often require a conversation with a sales agent. Being able to immediately speak with a real person to get answers to complex questions is simply more efficient than filling out a web form.
Phone calls are essential within these industries, making them essential to agencies.
With agencies focusing on these key sectors, it’s a no brainer that they must use a technology to capture data from those calls to help understand ROI. But it’s more than that: they need a technology to seamlessly integrate into the desired adtech and martech tools, and is easy to use. By doing so, agencies can use the wealth of data that comes from a phone call to help scale personalization and create a seamless omni-channel customer journey experience.
Deliver a Seamless Customer Journey Experience and Boost ROI
Call attribution will provide agencies with a wealth of data that will help them create a more personalized and seamless customer journey experience:
- The Marketing Source: Knowing what marketing channel, ad type, keyword, email, or any campaign, drove a call will tell you how to optimize your client’s budget. For instance, if you find that customers call further down in the funnel, then you can provide a more personalized experience by including call extensions in your search ads with call-centric messaging.
- The Website Experience: Understanding what marketing tactics drove a user to your website, which pages they visited, what products or services were viewed, helps you understand their full path to purchase. Did they end up calling from a specific page? By understanding these little nuances in their behavior, you can work to optimize your website based on their behaviors.
- Caller Insights: The more data about you have at your fingertips, the more you can personalize your marketing and the experiences. You’ll know who the caller is, their phone number, where they’re calling from, when they called, all the way up to their preferred browsers and devices. These are all things that can be taken into account when crafting your marketing campaigns.
- The Call Experience: Easily decipher what happened on the call. There’s a slew of information you can collect, such as which agent handled the caller. Did the call last long? What was said on the call? Did the agent use the caller data available in the CRM to mention something personal about the caller? For instance, if they clicked on a ad for a particular promotion and eventually called, the agent should mention the promotion without the caller having to address it.
Agencies need to find ways to consolidate and simplify their adtech and martech tools. And one way to do it is through integration, including call attribution and conversion technology. There are many more ways it can be used to improve the caller experience, but first, enhance your knowledge of why calls are critical to crafting a personalized and seamless customer experience for your clients. Get the Calls and the Customer Journey ebook today.