DialogTech APIs allow developers to perform a variety of tasks including building voice applications, sending and receiving phone call data before or after the call ends, and creating customized routing strategies to provide better customer experiences over the phone. Today, we are happy to announce a new beta version of our API documentation available here.
With this new documentation, which will be continually updated, developers can learn how to build voice applications and routing tactics to reduce the time it takes for customers to be connected with the person best suited to take their call, reduce the time it takes to search and acquire phone call data, and more:
- Retrieve call reporting
- Push call data to a web service
- Initiate a phone call to one or many agents
- Trigger a screen pop for call center agents
- Retrieve call recordings
- Schedule an outbound notification call
- Route an inbound/outbound call based on data collected
- Add/purchase phone numbers for customer account
How Do DialogTech’s APIs Work?
The diagram below illustrates the process by which DialogTech APIs work.
- An event is triggered (e.g., a customer call to a number hosted on a DialogTech platform).
- DialogTech processes the event or customer call using an Interactive Voice Response (IVR) mechanism. As a part of the IVR DialogTech can initiate a Web service call to pass key information for that call.
- The Web service call returns an XML file that is sent back to DialogTech. This file contains routing instructions that inform the DialogTech server on what to do next on the call.
- The call goes to the next building block, which connects the call to a destination phone number.
- The caller is connected to the call recipient in conversation.
For customers that want to send call data to a third party platform but do not need to route calls based on that data, DialogTech offers a pre-call action (beta) technology.
Interested in learning more about how DialogTech’s APIs can efficiently improve call routing and provide insightful and easily deliverable call data? Sign-up for a demo today!