By Derek Andersen
The majority of healthcare consumers start their journey by finding and comparing providers online, usually through searches. When they’ve completed their research, they typically convert by calling. To acquire more patients, healthcare marketers are optimizing SEO and digital ads to drive more high-quality calls and personalizing the caller experience to increase call conversions.
1. 5% of all Google searches are health-related. Google is a trusted resource for people worldwide to get answers to health-related questions and find providers (source: Google).
2. Search drives 3x more visitors to hospital sites compared to non-search. Search is by far the preferred way for patients to find healthcare providers online (source: Google).
3. Patients who booked healthcare appointments ran 3x more searches than those who didn’t. The healthcare consumer journey often involves extensive research — consumers evaluate numerous providers before taking action (source: Google).
4. Consumers researching physical therapists, nursing homes, and optometrists are the most likely to use search engines. In most major healthcare verticals, over 60% of consumers run a search before scheduling an appointment (source: LSA).
5. In 2018, US healthcare providers spent $2.84 billion on digital ads. This is a 13% increase in spend from 2017 (source: eMarketer).
6. The average cost for a healthcare lead is $286. With digital ad spend on the rise, healthcare marketers are paying more for each lead (source: HubSpot).
7. 88% of healthcare appointments are scheduled by phone. Prospective patients who research online prefer to call because healthcare is personal and private. People booking healthcare appointments for themselves, their children, or other family members want to speak to a real human being (source: Sequence).
8. 2.4% of healthcare appointments are scheduled online. Many patients are reluctant to type their personal health information or reason for their appointment into an online form (source: Accenture).
9. Consumers researching nursing homes, physical therapists, and chiropractors are the most likely to call healthcare providers after performing a search. In many healthcare verticals, consumers transition directly from online searches to phone calls (Source: LSA).
10. Calls will influence $1 trillion in US consumer spending this year. In our mobile-first world, calls are often the most convenient way for customers to convert (Source: BIA/Kelsey).
11. Phone calls convert to 10-15x more revenue than web leads. Calls are the most valuable conversions healthcare marketers can drive. By tracking the calls driven by your healthcare ads, you can measure your full ROI and optimize accordingly (Source: BIA/Kelsey).
12.Callers convert 30% faster than web leads. Calls provide a more immediate return on your healthcare marketing investment (Source: Forrester).
13. Caller retention rate is 28% higher than web lead retention rate. Driving calls from healthcare marketing campaigns is also more profitable in the long-term — callers are more loyal than web leads (Source: Forrester).
14. 80% of customers say the experience a company provides is as important as its products and services. Expectations for the customer experience have never been higher — to acquire new customers, healthcare marketers need to meet them. This includes calls (source: Salesforce).
15. 65% of consumers have cut ties with a brand over a single poor customer service experience. If you fail to provide frictionless caller experiences, it will cost you customers (source: Digiday).
16. 32% of consumers say phone calls are the most frustrating customer service channel. Simply fielding inbound phone calls isn’t enough for healthcare marketers — it’s important to have data on each caller so you can quickly and efficiently address their needs (source: Aspect).
To learn more healthcare marketing best practices, download our eBook — 4 Healthcare Marketing Strategies for Consumer Calls.
To learn more healthcare marketing best practices, download our eBook, 4 Healthcare Marketing Strategies for Consumer Calls.Download My Free eBook →
Get the latest straight to your inbox.