Data is everything to marketers. It’s how we measure performance across channels, make optimization decisions, and deliver the right experiences to consumers to drive revenue and increase customer loyalty.
The more accurate and complete the data marketers can action upon, the better the results. And in today’s mobile-first world, your marketing data is not complete without insights on consumer phone calls to your business.
More and more consumers now use their smartphones to research purchases, and they are calling businesses by the billions to ask questions, schedule appointments, and place orders. For industries with expensive, complex, or urgent purchases such as automotive, insurance, financial services, home services, healthcare, travel, and B2B, callers are often your best leads.
It’s why many marketers use call tracking reports to better understand how their channels, campaigns, and search keywords drive calls to their business. But while these reports are a good start, they only give you a basic understanding of how many calls your marketing activities generate, not the lead quality of those calls and if your locations or call centers converted them to sales opportunities, appointments, or purchase orders.
Call Tracking Reports Powered by AI
That’s where artificial intelligence (AI) comes in. Some call tracking solutions like DialogTech use AI to analyze call experiences and conversations at scale, uncovering actionable insights and visualizing them in customizable reports you can reference and share. These reports give you a crystal clear view of the two things most responsible for determining your marketing ROI:
- The quality of the phone leads you generate
- The effectiveness of your locations and call center at converting calls
The following reports are just a few examples of how AI can take your call tracking reports to the next level. They aren’t the only AI-driven reports on calls you can benefit from. But if you aren’t getting data on callers now — or if you only use basic call tracking reports — these will open your eyes to the difference AI can make.
1. KPI Trend Reports
Key performance indicator (KPI) trend reports make it easy for you to measure how well your marketing is generating callers that are quality sales leads and how well those leads are converting on the call. You can use them to:
- Gauge how well your marketing initiatives are driving quality leads and business results.
- Understand how well your call center agents or locations are converting good phone leads.
- Be alerted to spikes or drops in performance so you can investigate and take the necessary action.
You can customize what KPIs are measured. For example, an insurance provider can measure quotes provided and policies generated, while a home services provider can measure appointments discussed and scheduled. You can also determine what timeframes to examine and compare to see if results have improved or dipped.
Sample KPI trend reports for calls
2. Call Quality by Source Report
This report shows how your marketing channels are driving callers that are quality sales leads and callers that converted on the call. You can use it to:
- Understand and compare the performance of your marketing channels.
- Determine if you need to allocate spend differently or make other channel-specific adjustments to improve ROI.
- Determine if calls from certain channels convert at higher rates and should be prioritized by your call center agents and locations.
Sample call quality report for calls by marketing channel
3. Search Keywords & Conversion Pages Reports
These reports show what search keywords and pages on your website generate the most calls that are quality sales leads and how well your call center agents or locations are converting them. You can use them to:
- Understand what search keywords and website pages are most effective at driving quality calls.
- Adjust paid search ad spend for the keywords driving the most value.
- Drive traffic to the webpages most successful at driving quality calls.
- Analyze why certain webpages drive more good calls and make adjustments to low-converting pages.
Sample reports for search keywords and landing page conversions
4. Calls by Location Reports
These reports give you insights into how well your marketing is driving quality phone leads to your locations and how well those locations are handling them. You can see the number of quality calls you sent to each location, if those calls were answered, and how well those phone leads were converted by each location. Use them to:
- Prove to locations how well your marketing is delivering good phone leads.
- Detect issues at locations when calls aren’t being answered or converted and work with them to correct issues.
- Detect locations where a high percentage of calls go to voicemail to determine if you are spending marketing budget to generate calls when locations aren’t open or properly staffed.
Sample reports of call handling by location
If Calls Matter to Your Business, You Need the Right Reports to Measure Them
Leading marketers don’t rely on call volume reports alone to measure success. Instead they examine how well their channels, campaigns, keywords, and website drive quality phone leads that convert to opportunities, appointments, and purchases. They monitor the performance of the locations and call centers fielding calls and work with them to improve conversion rates.
And they use call tracking reports powered by AI to do it.
To view more reports and learn the difference AI can have on your marketing analytics, download our ebook on The 10 Call Analytics Reports That Will Change Your Marketing.
See 10 reports on calls you can use to significantly increase the impact of your marketing on business results.Download My eBook