Yesterday DialogTech CEO Irv Shapiro participated in a discussion with Truphone‘s James Body and Martin Rosinski of Palringo on Alex Saunder’s Squawkbox about the iPhone Development Platform. The discussion was centered on the following topics:
- How long the companies had been building mobile apps.
- Why they made the move to iPhone.
- What iPhone brought to the party that other platforms couldn’t.
- The experience of developing software for iPhone.
- The hidden gotcha’s.
- Native vs Web based applications, and when to use each.
- Apple’s (in)famous NDA.
- The App Store approval process.
- And whether to risk Apple’s wrath and build applications for Jailbroken iPhones.