RevLocal is a leading digital marketing agency serving businesses across the US. Their goal is to become the most trusted digital marketing partner for business owners.
RevLocal offers a wide variety of digital marketing services — including local search, paid advertising, reputation management, and social media — to help their clients gain new business and better retain customers.
DialogTech Helps RevLocal Measure and Optimize Calls from Every Channel
Because the businesses RevLocal serves get their leads and customers through phone calls, RevLocal must optimize their paid and organic channels to drive those calls — and prove it to clients. For the data to do it, they use the DialogTech conversation intelligence platform.
“The data and insights DialogTech provides for phone calls has become an integral part of the service we offer customers,” said David Diebolt, Senior Director of Product Strategy at RevLocal. “When we started with DialogTech in 2014, we only used it to track calls for clients doing paid advertising — around 25% of our base. But we got such a great response from how DialogTech’s call tracking data contributed to our relationship with those clients, we rolled it out to everyone. Our customers really appreciate the added insights into their call channel that DialogTech provides.”
Sample DialogTech report – not actual customer data
For every call, DialogTech provides RevLocal with:
- Caller Profile Data: The caller’s phone number and geographic location, the day and time of the call, their device and browser, and more.
- Marketing Attribution: The referring channel, campaign, ad, keyword search, and other marketing interaction that drove the call.
- Website Interaction: The visitor’s site activity before, during, and after the call, including their entry page and the page they called from.
- Call Experience Insights: The duration of the call and the recording of the conversation.
RevLocal integrates that call data from DialogTech with Google Analytics and with Reveal, their own proprietary marketing dashboard for customers, to better measure and optimize for the entire customer journey — online and over the phone.
“DialogTech helps us show the true impact we are having on our clients’ businesses and understand what strategic marketing decisions to make to drive more value on their behalf,” said Diebolt.
“The data and insights DialogTech provides for phone calls has become an integral part of the service we offer customers.”
Senior Director of Product Strategy at RevLocal
Call Reports and Recordings Help RevLocal Detect New Issues and Opportunities for Clients
For each client, RevLocal assigns a dedicated digital marketing strategist responsible for driving new business. Strategists use DialogTech to analyze the volume of calls they are driving to each client from each channel and make adjustments to ensure the best performance and return on ad spend.
But they also use DialogTech to go deeper, analyzing phone conversations and call trends for new insights. For example, RevLocal strategists examine:
- Conversation Duration: Strategists review the length of phone conversations to make sure they are in line with expectations for that client. For example, if they see calls lasting less than 1 minute for businesses where conversations with good leads normally lasts much longer, they can pause the campaigns responsible for those short calls and use DialogTech call recordings to diagnose the problem.
- Day and Time of Calls: Strategists look to ensure clients are getting calls during business hours versus off-hours or on weekends if the client is closed. They use those insights to drive strategic decisions for when to run certain types of ads.
- Call Recordings: Strategists listen to calls to see what insights they can gleam to help customers. Perhaps they might notice callers are asking about a certain special and recommend adding it to the customer’s homepage and featuring it in ad creative.
- Call Handling: DialogTech enables RevLocal to detect call handling issues impact client ROI. For example, if they notice clients aren’t answering the phones during business hours, they can advise them of the problem so they can correct it. Or if the customer’s staff answering calls aren’t as friendly as they could be, RevLocal can provide tips on coaching the staff to better address and convert callers.
“This level of insight into the call channel would not be possible without DialogTech,” said Diebolt. “DialogTech’s reports and recordings have improved and deepened our relationship with clients, helping us become their trusted advisors. We are very happy with the data, insights, and service DialogTech provides.”
“DialogTech helps us show the true impact we are having on our clients’ businesses and understand what strategic marketing decisions to make to drive more value on their behalf.”
Senior Director of Product Strategy at RevLocal