A few weeks ago, we bid farewell to our home of 8 years and moved into the brand-new DialogTech global headquarters. DialogTech’s new office is located at 120 S. Riverside Plaza. We’re right on the Chicago River and nestled between Union Station and Ogilvie.
What prompted the big move? According to Amy Dolan, DialogTech’s VP of People & Culture, “our decision to move was driven by one main reason: our team. Our new office provides space for all of our employees on one floor, an open floor plan, and plenty of breakout areas for greater team and cross-departmental collaboration. We also wanted a technologically savvy workspace that gave team members features that allow them to do their jobs efficiently and communicate easily with remote team members and satellite offices. We’re excited to have a new space and have our team members enjoy the perks of a brand-new office.”
We’ll be honest. Moving a whole office, even only a couple of blocks away, required a lot of planning and teamwork.
Here’s the move by the numbers:
- 132 Chicago-based employees
- 220 crates used to pack our things
- 2 blocks away from our old office
Don’t worry. None of our mugs broke in the process. (We think. Nevertheless, we have shiny new ones!)
A big thanks to everyone who had a hand in making the move so seamless and successful. After all that work, we’re truly enjoying all that our new office has to offer.
Some of our sweet new office perks include:
- Top-notch technology like a state-of-the-art AV system for communicating with our remote team members and satellite offices in Cleveland and the Netherlands
- A modern kitchen with a de Jong coffee machine, kegerators, Coke Freestyle and Bevi drink machines (thanks for helping us kick our La Croix dependency!), and so many snacks
- A common area with guitars, cable TV, video games, a ping-pong table, and more
- Height-adjustable desks
- An on-site fitness center
- Bike storage rooms
- A nursing mothers room
- Riverfront views
- A prime location blocks away from the Metra, the El, and so many lunch spots
Our new office is also adorned with custom string art crafted by Luft, a Chicago-based design studio. Why string art, you ask? It’s a tribute to DialogTech’s roots. At our company’s inception, we were Ifbyphone. The string art calls to mind telephone cords, connection, and communication.
We’re thrilled about DialogTech’s new global headquarters and our team looks forward to making ourselves at home.
A glimpse into our new home
The common area
Freshly brewed coffee
A conference space
New light fixtures
Our custom string art installation
The view from our windows
Interested in joining our team? Check out our open positions.Find Open Positions