By Derek Andersen
Marketers around the world are increasing their spend on Facebook ads. With the competition growing, every conversion counts — and in today’s mobile-first world, those conversions are not always online. Below, we’ve compiled the top Facebook statistics you need to know to navigate today’s competitive landscape.
1. Mobile app users spend, on average, 57 minutes per day on Facebook. This is more time than they spend on any other app, including music apps, news apps, shopping apps, social networks, and more (Source: Flurry Analytics).
2. 93% of social media marketers use paid Facebook ads. The second most popular social media platform, Instagram, is used by just 24% of social media marketers (Source: Social Media Examiner).
3. 64% of social media marketers plan on increasing their Facebook ad activities next year. The competition on this platform will inevitably heat up as spend rises (Source: Social Media Examiner).
4. Facebook ad spend is expected to reach $25.56 billion in 2019. This is a 107% increase from 2016 (Source: eMarketer).
5. The average cost per action (CPA) for Facebook ads across all industries is $18.68. It’s now more expensive than ever to reach your audience on Facebook (Source: WordStream).
6. Mobile Facebook and social ads will drive over 36 billion calls to US businesses in 2019. This represents a 538% increase in calls from just five years prior (Source: BIA/Kelsey).
7. Calls will influence $1 trillion in US consumer spending this year. In our mobile-first world, calls are often the most convenient way for customers to convert (Source: BIA/Kelsey).
8. Phone calls convert to 10-15x more revenue than web leads. Calls are the most valuable conversions Facebook advertisers can drive. By tracking the calls driven by your Facebook ads, you can measure your full ROI and optimize accordingly (Source: BIA/Kelsey).
9. Callers convert 30% faster than web leads. Calls provide a more immediate return on your Facebook ad investment (Source: Forrester).
10. Caller retention rate is 28% higher than web lead retention rate. Driving calls from Facebook ads is also more profitable in the long-term — callers are more loyal than web leads (Source: Forrester).
Want to learn more best practices to drive calls from Facebook? Download our Optimize Your Search, Facebook, and Display Targeting with Call Analytics eBook.
Check out our Optimize Your Search, Facebook, and Display Targeting with Call Analytics eBook to learn more Facebook advertising best practices.Instantly Download My eBook →
Get the latest straight to your inbox.