By Derek Andersen
When consumers need a B2B vendor, they almost always start with online research. But when it comes time to convert, consumers want to speak to a real human being to answer their lingering questions, whether they’re shopping for business services, software vendors, logistics providers, or manufacturers. To optimize their digital advertising ROI and drive revenue, business-to-business marketers are now taking a data-driven approach to driving these valuable call conversions. Below are 10 statistics that illustrate these trends.
1. 90% of B2B customers start their journey with a search. To attract top-of-funnel leads, B2B marketers should refine their SEO strategies (source: Forrester).
2. Consumers make 12 searches on average prior to engaging on a specific brand’s site. B2B consumers are highly educated and like to comparison shop for the best possible value (source: Google).
3. 90% of B2B customers research 2-7 sites before they make a purchase. To drive conversions, it’s important to provide B2B consumers with quality content that differentiates your company from its competitors (source: Digital Commerce 360).
4. B2B costs per lead (CPLs) often exceed $100. Business services leads are among the most expensive B2B leads to drive ($229), while consulting leads are among the cheapest ($50).Sources: Forrester, Google, Digital Commerce 360, Growth Point, HubSpot, Bizible
5. 74% of B2B consumers conduct half of their research online before making an offline purchase. Since B2B purchases are highly considered, these customers often call to convert. In the process, they can get answers to their lingering questions or learn the specifics of their use case (source: Forrester).
6. 92% of customer interactions happen over the phone. These interactions don’t just happen during the purchasing phase — they take place throughout the customer journey (source: Salesforce).Source: Google
7. Calls will influence $1 trillion in US consumer spending this year. In our mobile-first world, calls are often the most convenient way for customers to convert (Source: BIA/Kelsey).
8. Phone calls convert to 10-15x more revenue than web leads. Calls are often the most valuable conversions B2B marketers can drive. By tracking the calls driven by your B2B ads, you can measure your full ROI and optimize accordingly (Source: BIA/Kelsey).
9. Callers convert 30% faster than web leads. Calls provide a more immediate return on your B2B marketing investment (Source: Forrester).
10. Caller retention rate is 28% higher than web lead retention rate. Driving calls from B2B campaigns is also more profitable in the long-term — callers are more loyal than web leads (Source: Forrester).
To learn more B2B marketing best practices, download our ebook — The Secret to B2B Marketing ROI: Inbound Calls.
Check out our ebook The Secret to B2B Marketing ROI: Inbound Calls to learn B2B marketing best practices.Instantly Download My Free eBook →
Get the latest straight to your inbox.